Grid-based Image Encryption using Code-based Cryptography
Recently, image is frequently sent or exchanged electronically, such that image security is important. A method for securing images is using RSA. However, RSA needs more time for securing an image. For overcoming the RSA problem, McEliece Cryptosystem is introduced to grid-based image encryption. The image is divided into blocks and each block is divided into grids, then finally McEliece Cryptosystem is applied to the pixels in the grids. Based on the experiment’s result, it was proven that the execution time of the proposed method is less than the previous one, while maintaining the security.
Keywords: McEliece Cryptosystem, RSA, Image Encryption, Image Decryption, Grid
El-Deen, A., El-Badawy, E. and Gobran, S., 2014. Digital image encryption based on RSA algorithm. J. Electron. Commun. Eng, 9(1), pp.69-73.
Singh, B.K. and Gupta, S.K., 2015. Grid-based Image Encryption using RSA. International Journal of Computer Applications, 115(1).
Chaladze, G. Kalatozishvili L. 2017. Linnaeus 5 Dataset for Machine Learning.
Dambra, A., Gaborit, P., Roussellet, M., Schrek, J. and Tafforeau, N., 2014. Improved Secure Implementation of McEliece Signature Schemes on Embedded Devices. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2014, p.163.
Rivest, R.L., Shamir, A. and Adleman, L., 1978. A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems. Communications of the ACM, 21(2), pp.120-126.
Mceliece, R.J., 1978. A public-key cryptosystem based on algebraic. Coding Thv, 4244, pp.114-116
Zhao, G., Yang, X., Zhou, B. and Wei, W., 2010, July. RSA-based digital image encryption algorithm in wireless sensor networks. In 2010 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing Systems (Vol. 2, pp. V2-640). IEEE.
Stinson, D.R. and Paterson, M., 2018. Cryptography: Theory and Practice. CRC Press.
Wu, Y., Zhou, Y., Saveriades, G., Agaian, S., Noonan, J.P. and Natarajan, P., 2013. Local Shannon entropy measure with statistical tests for image randomness. Information Sciences, 222, pp.323-342.
Katz, J., Menezes, A.J., Van Oorschot, P.C. and Vanstone, S.A., 1996. Handbook of applied cryptography. CRC press.
Copyright (c) 2021 Dian Anggoro Putro Bhagaskoro
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Manuscript submitted to IndoJC has to be an original work of the author(s), contains no element of plagiarism, and has never been published or is not being considered for publication in other journals.
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s). Regarding copyright transfers please see below.
- Authors grant IndoJC a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant IndoJC commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0License