Lexicon-Based Sentiment Analysis of Indonesian Language Student Feedback Evaluation
Abstract views: 112 , 1 downloads: 120
Student feedback for lecturer plays an important role, it used to improve the quality of lecturer in teaching. In general, student feedback consists of two types, quantitative feedback and qualitative feedback. For quantitative feedback, it can easily analyze using statistical calculations, because it contains closed questions with multiple choices. But for qualitative feedback, it is difficult to analyze, because it contains open questions with essay answers. Lecturers can analyze manually, but it takes extensive times and the results can be very subjective. To overcome this problem, sentiment analysis is applied to analyze textual data automatically in order to improve teaching evaluations. This research uses student feedback as dataset, and lexicon approach with InSet Lexicon. In this research, the evaluation result shows that system accuracy is 90.9%.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Firdaus, R., Asror, I., & Herdiani, A. (2021). Lexicon-Based Sentiment Analysis of Indonesian Language Student Feedback Evaluation. Indonesia Journal on Computing (Indo-JC), 6(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.34818/INDOJC.2021.6.1.408
Copyright (c) 2021 Raginda Firdaus, Ibnu Asror, Anisa Herdiani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Manuscript submitted to IndoJC has to be an original work of the author(s), contains no element of plagiarism, and has never been published or is not being considered for publication in other journals.
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s). Regarding copyright transfers please see below.
- Authors grant IndoJC a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant IndoJC commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0License