Multi-Factor Authentication Using a Smart Card and Fingerprint (Case Study: Parking Gate)
Abstract views: 358 , PDF downloads: 291
Security is one of the considerations in the development of smart parking. In Indonesia, the most common authentication factor is using a smart card as an authentication factor at the gate. Using a smart card as an authentication factor has loopholes that can be misused. Accordingly, authentication system needs an additional factor (more than one). Authentication that uses more than one factor is also called Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). However, the MFA applied to smart parking can still be misused. The cause of the MFA can be misused because the MFA cannot ensure the user's smart card. Therefore, we apply the MFA at the gate in smart parking using a two-factor authentication system on this research. These two factors are the smart card and biometric data (fingerprint). This authentication system can prove the hypothesis that if the smart card lost, the smart card cannot be used by other than the owner (H0) and the smart card whose data has been rewritten or cloned cannot be a threat to the system (H1). Proofing of this hypothesis is bypassing several attack scenarios. Thus, the security of the proposed parking gate system can be guaranteed.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Insan, I. M., Sukarno, P., & Yasirandi, R. (2019). Multi-Factor Authentication Using a Smart Card and Fingerprint (Case Study: Parking Gate). Indonesia Journal on Computing (Indo-JC), 4(2), 55-66. https://doi.org/10.34818/INDOJC.2019.4.2.309
Copyright (c) 2019 Isa Mulia Insan, Parman Sukarno, Rahmat Yasirandi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Manuscript submitted to IndoJC has to be an original work of the author(s), contains no element of plagiarism, and has never been published or is not being considered for publication in other journals.
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s). Regarding copyright transfers please see below.
- Authors grant IndoJC a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant IndoJC commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0License