Performansi Implementasi Numerik Metode Pseudo Spectral pada Model Gelombang 1D Boussinesq
In the design of a numerical wave tank, it is necessary to use an accurate wave model as well as to choose an accurate and efficient numerical scheme for implementing the model. In this paper, we use a Pseudo-Spectral (PS) implementationfor a wave model so called Variational Boussinesq Model. The implementation is aimed to obtain a higher time efficiency in the calculation of wave simulations. The performance of the PS implementation is compared in CPU-time with a Finite Element (FE) implementation of the wave model for simulating a focusing wave group. Results of both implementations give a good agreement with wave data from laboratory experiment. The PS-implementation gives more efficient CPU-time compared to the FE-implementation.
Adytia, D., Lawrence. Fully nonlinear dispersive HAWASSI-VBM for coastal zone simulations. In Proc. of the ASME 2016 35th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Archtic Engineering OMAE 2016, 2016.
Adytia, D., Simulations of short-crested harbor waves with variational Boussinesq modelling. In Proc.24th Int. Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference. ISOPE 2014, ISOPE, pp. 912–918., 2014.
Adytia, D., “Coastal zone simulations with Variational Boussinesq Modelling”. PhD Thesis. University of Twente, The Netherlands., 2012.
Broer, L., On the Hamiltonian theory of surface waves. Appl. Sci. Res., 29(1), pp. 430–446, 1974.
Brocchini,M., A reasoned overview on boussinesqtype models: the interplay between physics, mathematics and numerics. In Proc. R Soc A., Vol. 469 of Series name, Royal Society Publishing, p. 20130496, 2013.
Fornberg, B., “A practical guide to pseudospectral methods”. Cambridge: Cam-bridge University Press, 1996.
J. C. Luke. A variational principle for fluid with a free surface. J. Fluid Mech., 27: 395–397, 1967.
Madsen, P.A. and Sørensen, O.R. , A new form of the Boussinesq equations with improved linear dispersion characteristics. Part 2: A slowly-varying ba-thymetry, Coast. Eng. Vol 18, pp 183-204., 1992.
Madsen, P.A. and Fuhrman, D.R., “Advances in Numerical Simulation of Nonlinear Water Waves, Chapter Higher-order Boussinesq-type modelling of non-linear wave phenomena in deep and shallow water”, World Scientific, pp 245-285. (Advances in Coastal and Ocean Engineering; 11), 2010.
Nwogu, O., Alternative form of Boussinesq equations for nearshore wave propagation. J. Waterw. Port Coast. Ocean Eng. Vol 119, pp 618-638., 1993.
Zakharov, V., Stability of periodic waves of finite amplitude on the surface of a deep fluid. J. Eppl. Mech.Tech. Phys., 9(2), pp. 190–194, 1968.
Copyright (c) 2017 Didit Adytia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Manuscript submitted to IndoJC has to be an original work of the author(s), contains no element of plagiarism, and has never been published or is not being considered for publication in other journals.
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s). Regarding copyright transfers please see below.
- Authors grant IndoJC a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant IndoJC commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0License