Polish Rod Displacement Simulation on Sucker Rod Pump Using the Piecewise-Linear Basis Method
Sucker Rod Pump (SRP) is a heavy equipment used to pump oil(ﬂuid) from the ground. The purpose of this study is to determine the numerical solution of displacement problems on the polish rod in the sucker rod pump. From previous studies displacement can be simulated and calculated numerical solutions using the Finite Difference method. But in this study the method that will be used is the Piecewise-Linear Base method to simulate displacement on the polish rod and compared to the analytic simulation of the problem. From the simulation results both methods obtained an error rate 2.00911 x 10−17 at ∆x = 0.2, 3.30195 x 10−17 at ∆x = 0.05 and 1.45114 x 10−16 at ∆x = 0.02.
Copyright (c) 2020 I Gde Made Bagus Nurseta Wijaya, Annisa Aditsania, Putu Harry Gunawan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Manuscript submitted to IndoJC has to be an original work of the author(s), contains no element of plagiarism, and has never been published or is not being considered for publication in other journals.
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s). Regarding copyright transfers please see below.
- Authors grant IndoJC a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant IndoJC commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its original authors and citation details are identified.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0License